Articles & Blog posts
Much of my work involves copywriting for articles and blog posts. I write regular posts for variety of clients with different business interest and over the years, I’ve covered an eclectic range of topics such as cost containment, child starvation, fashion, golf, museum guides, restaurant reviews… But my specialist topics include:
Specialist blog topics
Property investment – I have specialist knowledge of the markets in Spain, the US and Brazil. Some examples of my articles on property include:
- Florida land prices remain rock solid, written for BRIC Group in June 2019
- Investing in buy-to-property in Malaga for Andalusian Lawyers, 2018
- West Costa del Sol Property – A Place in the Sun West of Marbella (pdf).
Holiday lets – almost an extension of property investment, the world of holiday rentals has been a niche topic for me since I started producing content for Holiday Lettings in 2015. I even wrote a downloadable book about how to set up a profitable holiday let! Here’s an example of a blog post I wrote on this topic – How to create a holiday home wow factor, written for Cornish Traditional Cottages in late 2018.
Lifestyle & relocation – covering a range of topics from sports and leisure to weddings as well as the challenges you face when you pack up lock, stock and barrel to move abroad. Examples of my articles on these topics include:
- 10 fun golf facts you probably didn’t know for Rio Real Golf & Hotel, 2019
- What’s different about weddings in Marbella for Marbella Marriages, 2018
- Sky diving in Malaga for Guide to Malaga, 2019
- Interview with Freida Miriklis, President of Business & Professional Women – Sur in English click here to read
- Golden Opportunity – Retiring in the EU – click here to read (pdf)
Travel in general & Andalusia in particular – I’m an expert on Andalusia and have specialist knowledge of the region and its tourist attractions. But my travel writing extends further afield to Europe, Africa and South America. For example:
- Best festivals and events in France 2020 for French Waterways
- Guide to Urquhart Castle for Scotts Castle Holidays, 2019
- The best of South Africa for Savannah Safaris, 2019
- 9 villages to visit in Southern Spain for Fodor’s, 2017
- Marvellous Marbs (pdf) for A Place in the Sun magazine
- The Naked Earth – click here to read (pdf), Sunday Times Travel Magazine
Google and customer friendly
I optimise all online articles for Google with just the right sprinkling of keywords. My clients report that their positioning on Google has improved significantly through the articles and blog posts I have written for them. Some blog posts outrank official (and bigger) sites competing for the same keywords.
But writing articles isn’t just about attracting Google; they also provide education, entertainment and/or information for readers, all potential customers. And the ultimate aim of all my articles is to get those readers to take action – read more, click on the button, sign up for the newsletter, call… so that my clients’ business benefit.
If your blog or news section could do with some original and creative content that will engage your customers and signal to Google that your site is the one to visit, get in touch.